Saturday morning Sept 16, I'll fly from SFO to JFK and on to ZUR. There I'll meet my good friends Siemen and Marijn for a week of climbing in the Silvretta region on the border of Switserland and Austria.
Marijn drafted the following itinerary:
- Sun Drive from ZUR to Klosters and hike in 5 hours to the Silvretta hütte (2397m). Perhaps do some rock climbs in the "klettergarten".
- Mon Traverse the Silvrettahorn (3243m) to the Wiesbadener hütte (2443m) in Austria in 7.5 hours.
- Tue Climb the Piz Buin (3312m) and the neighboring Dreiländerspitz (3196m) in 6.5 hours.
- Wed Over to the Saarbrücker hütte (2538m) in 4 hours with perhaps a summit on the way.
- Thu From the Saarbrücker hütte back to the Silvretta hütte in Switserland in 4 hours. Summit Groses Seehorn (3121m) or Grosslitzner (3109m) along the way.
- Fri Spare "wiggle" day in the Silvretta hütte.
- Sat Back to ZUR – JFK – SFO
Looking forward to it. Hope the weather works out. This late in the season we could get anything: ⛅☔❄🌞. I'll be sure to pack layers.
Subscribe to The Code Mill
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox